Happy Sunday everyone! As we all know, Thanksgiving is right around the corner. So it’s only right that I focus on gratitude this week. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes a holiday to remind ourselves what we are thankful for, when really we should think of it often. I’m going to give you a short writing exercise that you can use to remember your gratitude on a more frequent basis.
This exercise is short and sweet so it won’t take up too much of your time. In this exercise, you’ll write 3 things you are grateful for, 3 things you are looking forward to this week, and 3 things you love about yourself. To get the ball rolling, I’ll share mine!
3 Things I’m Grateful For:
- My health
- A loving fiancé who pushes me to be better every day
- Being able to spend Thanksgiving with family
3 Things I’m Looking Forward To:
- Getting a break from school work
- Catching up with close friends
- Seeing family members that I haven’t seen in a while
3 Things I Love About Myself:
- How I put others before myself (Nick thinks it too much sometimes lol)
- My creative abilities
- My eyes because the change between brown and green
So I encourage you to grab some paper and get to writing. The ingredients for this exercise is a cup of gratitude, a dash of mindfulness, and a sprinkle of self love. Have a great week!